Those who watched the video of our weapons test, would have noticed the robot wobbled as the blade span up. This is because we had not balanced the blade, i.e. one half of the blade had more mass that the other half. This meant we had to balance the blade (add some weight to one side), so that’s what we spent last night doing. We’ve added a small amount of lead to one side, meaning that both half’s of the blade now have the same weight (well moment of inertia round the pivot).
It’s been a while since we’ve posted any thing, but the team as not been idle. Lots of stuff has been happening with the electronics, and our drive system. We’ve also started making some moulds for our tires. Including making a nice moulding box.
Posted on 18th June 2018 by admin